Re: Intake Manifold Gaskets

To: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Subject: Re: Intake Manifold Gaskets
From: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 07:03:02 -0700 (PDT)
 Dave,

 Use the gasket that is for the HiPo 289 from Felpro, it has larger intake
holes and the correct size and shape holes for the water passages. Take
the gaskets that you have and lay them in place on the intake and heads.
 The correct one will cover all area's, the incorrect one won't cover the
water passages and intake hole's on the F4b. I think it's Felpro part #
 390100. If you try to use the cork on the ends you may have trouble with
the intake seating on the heads, it's difficult to torque the intake down
enough to squish the cork on the ends, I usually use silicone on the ends
and toss the cork.
Good luck
Bill Martin