Intake Manifold Gaskets

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Intake Manifold Gaskets
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 06:50:17 -0700
Listers,

I installed an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake on my 302. I actually read
the entire instruction pamphlet that the good people at Edelbrock supply
with the manifold. It suggests that the cork "dogleg" gaskets that are
intended to seal the front and rear ends of the manifold be left on the
workbench. They suggest a 1/4" bead of high-temp silicon type gasket sealer
be used in the gaskets place. The reason they prefer this procedure was
previously described by Bill Martin in his post from the Digest on
Saturday. I installed my manifold as per the instructions and have not had
any leaks.

P.S. Torrey pines Concour d'Elegance this Sunday featuring Alfa-Romeo

Mike S.