Playing Games

To: "Tigerlist * (E-mail)" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Playing Games
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:53:15 -0500
(You can just tell I'm interested in Sunbeam-related CRAP almost as much
as in the car itself)

I get, perhaps, two dozen mail-order catalogs a week, and I usually look
through them all. This weekend I got "The Lighter Side" (I think that's
the name). Well, I've seen quite a few variations on Parker Brother's
game Monopoly: Washington-opoly, Elvis-opoly, Simpsons-opoly, who cares?
These guys offer "_____-opoly", a roll-your-own variation, where you
name everything yourself, with property cards, labels for the board,
etc., you run through your computer printer. About thirty bucks for the
kit.

Geez, this would've been fun for United at the hospitality suite, if I'd
seen it a month earlier. Rootes-opoly!
Hey, what'll we name all these properties? In ascending order, V_____
B_____ at the bottom, where at the top (SUNI?). How about replacing the
railroads with racetracks where Sunbeams did (do) well? And Chance
cards: "Get paint flakes in fuel line, go back two spaces", "Get caught
doing 125 on the freeway, go directly to Jail, do not collect $200",
"Find a dozen NOS heater valves at yard sale, take another turn", etc.
Hey, Norm Miller did something similar on the List a while back, now you
can have the home version! Officially, let's say the houses are
color-code 86, the hotels Carnival Red (it has been decades since I've
played, I think they're green & red).

Yeah, but who gets to use the race car playing piece?

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
lrw@aop.com