Re: Electronic ignition

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic ignition
From: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:25:09 -0500
I would recommend one for a early 80's Ford without fuel injection. You can
get a rebuilt distributor for about $39.00 from most any auto parts house.
The
brain box and wiring harness I would pick up at you local scrap yard. There
will be two wires you will need to hook up one goes to the start circuit and
the
other to the run circuit. Going this route it will look "stock Ford" and
replacement
parts will be available anywhere. There are other electronic ignitions that
install
in the stock distributor but if they die on the road replacement parts are
much
harder to come by.

Doug