Re: Frame/Front Crossmember

To: edalsj@igs.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Frame/Front Crossmember
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:40:05 EST
In a message dated 2/11/99 8:07:43 AM Pacific Standard Time, edalsj@igs.net
writes:

<< Is it proper to have extra spacers positioned above the spacer pad to
 increase the distance between frame and cross member ?  If so, what
 maximum thickness of additional spacers is appropriate and/or safe ?
 Seems to me that this attempts to make up for sagging springs...at what
 point should sagging springs be replaced ? >>

John-
The spacers are the only means of changing caster on a stock front end. They
should only be found on the rear section of the cross member mount. I think I
used about a total of 1/4" of spacer to find about 5 degrees of caster.
Mike Wood