Re: Shelby and Tigers

To: jimdamelio@home.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shelby and Tigers
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:14:08 EST
jimdamelio@home.com writes:

<< You make reference to a Shelby Omni as being " one tape stripe
 makeover".  The only Shelby Omni was the one produced in 1986 as the
 Shelby GLHS, and it definitely was more than cosmetic.  >>
Jim-
I referenced the Shelby Charger as the tape stripe job. The Omni GLHS I
referenced as one of the cooler cars of a relatively boring period in auto
history. I still question how much involvement Shelby really had in either
car. I also agree that the formula used to turn the GLHS into a stormer is
remarkably similar to the GT350.
Mike