Re: Shelby and Tigers

To: JHef101@aol.com, MWood24020@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shelby and Tigers
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 09:25:29 -0800
Jeff,

Yes, the Tiger's history is interesting and there are many on this List who
know quite a bit in this regard; certainly much more me. The Shelby
prototype is owned by Bill Carroll, author of "Tiger, An Exceptional Motor
Car". He lives very near me in San Marcos, CA. He doesn't show the car
often, but did bring it to Tigers United in Eureka. I don't recall him or
his car at Big Bear last year though. I don't know if he has plans for SUNI
this year. I'm guessing not, but maybe someone needs to persuade him to
bring it.

Bo Cheadle now owns the Ken Miles prototype. He has quite a car collection
I understand. He used to subscribe to this List, but we haven't heard from
him for quite a while. I understand Bo is restoring this car, so we are all
interested in how this will turn out. Not a lot of documentation as to
originality of course.

Bob

At 11:59 AM 3/7/99 -0500, JHef101@aol.com wrote:
>Bob et al,
>        I'm fairly new to this list and find the Shelby debate fascinating. I
>know the prototype car exists as well as the Ken Miles car, where are they? I
>would like to compare those to mine, B9470028, as it is an early car and see
>how close ( or different ) they are.
>

>Top down in Texas
>Jeff Hefner
>B9470028

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com