Re: Oil line routing

To: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>,
Subject: Re: Oil line routing
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 11:06:26 -0700
Theo, et Listers,

For about the last twenty years I have had a remote dual oil filter mounted
in the left fender well just below the headlamp. Until Dale did my
restoration, I routed the two hoses through two 1" holes in the location
you describe. Dale tossed my wimpy engine remote adapter and replaced it
with a very beefy looking one that can be oriented in any direction and
snugged up with a very large brass bolt in the center. This adapter is a
round aluminum piece about 2" thick, with a flat section with two threaded
holes for connecting the hoses. With the orientation of the inlet/outlet at
about five o'clock, Dale routed the hoses between the upper A-arm/shock
mounting tower and the inner wheel well. This setup might make the hoses a
few inches longer, but makes for a lot cleaner looking installation. I have
a couple of those aluminum hose routing/mounting/positioning gizmos to make
the installation look even more organized.BTW, my oil pressure runs around
60-65 psig when hot, so I don't think the hoses are causing much pressure drop.

Bob