RE: Oil line routing

To: "Theo Smit" <TSmit@novatel.ca>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil line routing
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 11:24:43 -0700
Theo,

Obviously, many believe the original set-up on the Tiger where the oil filer
was mounted on the front of the motor, drivers side, is a better alternative
for the reasons you note.

All I can tell you is how I moved my lines to avoid rubbing at the various
locations you mention.

My oil lines to the remote (same location as yours,) are routed in between
the headers and pass through the gap between the unibody frame and the
interior fender well.  In order to avoid rubbing, when I had new lines made
and installed them, I routed them up and over the shock tower, using rubber
clamps to affix them to the interior fender well.  There are now three
metal/rubber clamps holding the lines where there was originally just one;
over the shock tower.  Adding one each forward and aft of the shock tower at
the fender well made for some smooth bends in the hoses and helps to keep
the hoses away from the tires on tight turns.  Another trick is to make sure
that the "looped" tube at the filter is just forward of 90 degrees the
outside of the fender.  This helps to keep this line out of the way of the
tire.

Also, as the lines transition through the headers, I added some additional
insulating tubing to the actual oil lines from Airquip.  Although the lines
(blue in color,) are rated at 600 degrees, I felt a bit more comfortable
adding the additional bit of highly insulated tubing near the headers just
to be on the safe side.

Hope this is of assistance,

Regards,

Allan