Oil line routing

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil line routing
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 09:59:07 -0600
Listers,

Since I'm just about ready to start putting stuff back in the car after dealing
with my pulley problem (had to remove the rack and patch up the center tube
because it had been a little too intimate with the crank pulley), I would like
to hear your suggestions on where to route the oil lines. My car has a remote
oil filter installed in the left fenderwell, just behind the headlight, and the
lines are currently run over top of the left rack bellows. Because they get
sandwiched between the rack and the frame rail, they cut the cr*p out of the
bellows. Additionally, the lines get rubbed by the left front tire on full right
lock.

My thoughts were to drill a couple of 1" holes at the lower forward end of the
inner wheel well so that the lines would enter the engine compartment below the
horn bracket (and hide my butchery as much as possible). Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705