Re: Tigers VS Corvettes Sounds

To: "Mail List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tigers VS Corvettes Sounds
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 13:57:14 -0700
Guys,

Found my answer right away by searching the Web. The Chevy V8 firing order is:

         1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

On Chevys, cylinder #1 is the front left one, and #2 is front right, and so
on. If you translate the nomenclature to the Ford numbering system, then
the Chevy firing order is the same as most of the Windsor motors
(1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8).

The Web page where I found this has some interesting history of the Chevy
V8. Sorry, no explanation for the different sounds of the two motors.

TTFN,

Bob

At 09:15 AM 8/4/99 -0700, Bob Palmer wrote:
>Duncan, et Listers,
>
>What's the firing order for a SB Chevy versus Ford? I know the cylinder
>numbering convention is different, but is there a really fundamental
>difference in the firing orders of the two motors?

Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES
619-822-1037 (o)
760-599-9927 (h)