Re: Tigers VS Corvettes Sounds

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tigers VS Corvettes Sounds
From: Bennett Cullen-P21988 <Cullen.Bennett@motorola.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 08:21:46 -0700
Jay wrote:
>Any thoughts on the cause?  Combustion chambers?  Exhaust manifolds?  I
>have always wondered if it is or was intentional.  Or, if it was simply a
>difference in design that has stuck over the years.

One possible cause (difference?)that is just a guess is the firing order
between the two small blocks causing a difference in the gas pulse spacing
coming out of the tailpipes. The first time I put the Tiger together, I
merrily ran the wires the way a chevy would place them (up to that point I
had NO Ford experience). I got it to run but it had no power, backfired a
lot and did a lot of shake-ing with some really foul smelling exhaust. Time
to pull out the manual and discover that the cylinder placement sequence is
not the same, much less the firing order. BIG lesson learned without hurting
anything permanently.

Cullen Bennett
Tempe, Arizona USA