Re: 4-spd overdrive

To: CE25593@aol.com
Subject: Re: 4-spd overdrive
From: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:14:16 -0700
Hi Bob:
I followed much the same path as you did and ended up with an SROD in my
TIGER. I love it for what I do with my TIGER - travel lots of long, hard
and fast miles.
This transmission must not be mistaken for the aluminium cased Ford
overdrive four-speed which is not the best for performance engines. The
SROD is a true cast iron top-loader.
It is true that the gear ratios leave a lot to be desired but there is two
trans. with different ratios 1 for the 8 and one for the 6 cylinder
application.
Do not try to adopt the overdrive gears into your TIGER case - I have gone
that route and it can not be done and still be reliable.
I have a method to adopt the SROD and the Tiger shifter into the TIGER
without cutting anything that is TIGER.
Let me know if you wish to pursue this route further and I will get back to
you.
Godspeed
Jc