Re: Strange Panel Lamp Switch?

To: cloverdale <marrone@wco.com>
Subject: Re: Strange Panel Lamp Switch?
From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 17:24:52 -0500
This is a Sunbeam switch, and is used in the Panel lamp position. The
resistor being referred to is in fact a bank of three soldered one above
the other on one end of the switch. The switch is different than the
three position lighting switch.

Both my Alpines have this three position panel light switch, a S III GT
and a S IV, and both of these cars seem from other observations to have
all the original electrical system. My Mk I Tiger also has this switch,
but since I have had all the dash electrics out and back in, I cannot
guarantee that I did not replace a two position with a spare three
position. The wiring harness will accept either.

The dim position is useless when driving in town, but is nice when on
the highway.

John Slade
B9203013
B9401380