Re: Real?

To: irishve@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Real?
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:31:09 EST
In a message dated 1/14/00 6:12:51 PM EST, irishve@hotmail.com writes:

<< Ramon, let your "brethren" in on your secret. My car is
 listed in the "Book of Norman", but does not have a TAC sticker. Without
 going to San Francisco, where can it be obtained in the greater L.A. area? >>

Scott,

Best thing you can do is let Tom Hall and Paul Reisentz know where you live
and that you'd like to have your car inspected.  It costs money for folks to
travel this far, and it just isn't wise to be traveling here and there for
one- and two-car opportunities.

The last time we tried to do a TAC session in Southern California, I think we
had five or six people who wanted their cars inspected.  And they ranged from
San Diego to the San Fernando Valley.  Nonetheless, that would have been
cool, and it would have happened . . . 'cept because of schedule conflicts,
we couldn't get more than two of 'em together on any given weekend.

Other than just putting in a request and waiting . . . Since you are a member
of C.A.T., you might try petitioning your friendly corps of officers and
directors . . . Ask 'em WHY we don't get any TAC support down here . . . It
might not do any good, but it certainly would not hurt, and it might be good
for a giggle or two.

Where do you live, anyway?  I'm in Costa Mesa.

Ramon