Re: Cold Start Myths

To: Tiger2@telus.net
Subject: Re: Cold Start Myths
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:33:50 +0000
Tiger2@telus.net wrote:

> You know if you guys keep this up you are going to draw us Canadians into the
> "it was how cold" discussion and then it will get really silly.
>
> Mike Clark
> B382100417

Mike,

Now that you mention it {9->, as  it turns out, my Great Grandparents were form
Canada.  Winnipeg, no less.

Let me tell you two amusing facts.

My Grandmother was the young trouble maker. Her father owned one of the two
dairies in Winnipeg and she got a picture postcard from California, with the big
Oranges on it, right in the middle of Winter.  She sent her two brothers ahead,
scout out the territory, and they took jobs with the Post Office.  She was
married
and moved herself to be with her brothers and started a grocery store right near
where the Transamerica Needle know sits in San Francisco.  She looks around and
says "So, where are the orange trees?"

 They ended up in El Monte, and the Dairy came too!

Second and last story:

My Uncle, also from Canada, told me about the Canadian Cheese Bird.  "What's a
Cheese Bird?", I bit.
"The Cheese Bird is a small bird that sits on a fence during the Canadian winter
and says "Cheese, it's cold out here!"
{9->

So, I guess the Canadian blood got thinned out through the generations and I
lost
it.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/