Cold start myths

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cold start myths
From: "The Charltons" <charlton@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:54:28 -0600
About 15 years ago I read an article in Country Journal, I think, that spoke
to this.  The author claimed the way to do this was to simply short the
battery for a brief time using a jumper cable.  With very little resistance
from the jumper cable the battery should heat up nicely.  Theoretically.

I'll never use it with winter days like this, 85° or so, here in central TX.
It was a great day to tinker with the Tiger in the sun.  I got hot.  I might
have even gotten a little tan.  It would've been a great day to go sailing
on the lake.  Oh, sorry guys!  This is about something you have to do when
it gets cold, right?
Duncan
B9473116
No earthquakes or mudslides, not even that many wildfires.