Re: Cold Start Myths

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cold Start Myths
From: comorgan@juno.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:59:09 -0700
Hi Dave,

Sounds like you like living (we all survive don't we?) in Illinois.  I
lived one year in Menomonie, Wisconsin.  Over the Christmas break it was
-30 degrees.  My car wouldn't start for one week and I was stranded.
Even the start truck (the truck that went around starting trucks)
couldn't start it.  I finally started a charcaol fire in an oil pan and
put it under the engine.  It was risky but the car did start.  I learned
that it was a good idea to carry charcoal in the trunk just in case
(along with a warm sleeping bag.)  You can always tell a northern
car/truck with the electric chord sticking out of the grill.  PS, you
really bashed CA.

Cliff Morgan, Ph.D.

COMORGAN@JUNO.COM