RE: Performance Tuning the Tiger

To: "'Alex MacLaurin'" <Alex_MacLaurin@telus.net>
Subject: RE: Performance Tuning the Tiger
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:11:46 -0600
Alex,
Based on the calculation the net dome volume (Dome volume - Valve relief if
in fact TRW calculated it right then the Dome volume is 3.658cc. When you
run it through the numbers if in fact the dart heads have 64c then with the
same dome the number I get is 10.75:1 based on a 100 thous. Compressed head
gasket and zero deck height,  but if the deck height is 10 thous or if the
valves are really sunk or dished then it could be as low as 10.71:1 but of
course that assumes that the numbers work and are accurate. No big one but
that is a really nice result and with the right cam should give you around
195-210 lbs cylinder pressure. You don't want any more as you will just
waste the energy trying to compress the charge  and build too much heat. All
you need to ignite and fully burn pump gas to my knowledge is 190lbs.
I did not bother to recalculate the over bore assuming that if you 12.5:1
pistons that are 60 over then they should 12.5: for a 60 over engine, as
that would just increase the resulting compression given that the ending
volume stays constant but the swept volume increases.
Best regards
Tim Ronak

PS: I am in Cancun right now and I just got back from jet-skiing on the
Ocean so I am plenty warm.... I really appreciate the concern. BUT! I sure
hope Theo is not too cold.