Re: Oil Adapter/interchange question-to BOLDLY GO......

To: CVaught@hawaii.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Adapter/interchange question-to BOLDLY GO......
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:33:11 EDT
In a message dated 04/21/00 5:06:31 PM, CVaught@Hawaii.rr.com writes:

>Did you find the parts you need? if not I remember a guy out here in Hawaii
>
>that had a steel cobra bell housing that had both bolt patterns. I doubt
>it
>
>would be cheap though. I cant remember what he wanted for it but I decided
>
>against it. I know where he works so I think I can get in touch with him
>if
>
>needed.
>
>Chris in Hawaii

 Hi Chris.
 Yes I did find the parts I needed, and I had them as of the writing of that
email.I sent the mail to the list to see what response I would get from
others who had adapted parts to work. Almost all of the Ford people I talked
to said that it wont work-I have to use a big flywheel with the big
bellhousing. Dave at Signature Auto was the ONLY  one who said that there was
a way to make it work by using common parts. He could still  be wrong because
I am a long way yet from hearing it start or run just yet.
 I looked at the Cobra part you mention from Tony Branda in Penn(I save
catalogues from Ford swap meets-they can come in very handy). As a worst case
scenario I was willing to have the bell,blockplate and bearing yoke fed ex-ed
to me and just rape my VISA card. I have confidence enough in what I  have to
install it as it is and see what happens before doing anything crazy with my
VISA.
 I was curious to see if any other listers were forced to get creative
because the parts they had turned out to be something different than what
they thought.
 I got some good advice to my oil filter adapter question .
Thanks everyone
Tony