Tanking a block is Illegal now?

To: "Steve Laifman" <Laifman@flash.net>, "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Subject: Tanking a block is Illegal now?
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 01:45:04 -0700
Ok, so when did this happen?  is this just a California thing?  So how is
one supposed to prepare an old grimy block out of some core pile at the
local bone yard, for machines to accept those new flashy expensive custom
parts we all want to pack inside.   I would not want to do it unless the
block (Non aluminum block) had been hot tanked and magna fluxed.  I don't
think they want garage mechanics out in the yard with a bucket of gasoline
and a scrub brush, cleaning an old greasy parts, the way I used to do it
years ago at home.  Hot tanking was the 8th wonder of the world..

So if you can't tank them, what are the options?  I'm just curious

Rich
(Former 65 Series IV, and 65 Imp owner)