Re: Europe Trip

To: rgibbs@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Europe Trip
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 16:56:00 -0500
You have very accurately expanded on what we experienced in Germany.  I
was in the Engineers/Army 40 years ago, and had a little VW.  The first
time on the Autobahn was a real wake up call with the BMW  on my bumper,
with me a max speed of 62 mph/100 kph and the BMW a whole lot faster.  I
became a quick study.

Too bad we can't be this good in the US, because our roads are really
better, and now the cell phones just add to the problem.  Getting a
drivers license in Germany is serious business, as are the cars, who do
use their performance on a Normal basis there.

It was really neat to drive, in my case in the far right lane, and see
those cars fly by, as they passed traffic.  You have to see it to fully
enjoy it, and again this a public road.

Larry