Re: Europe Trip

To: Bruce McGuire <CV_Bruce@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Europe Trip
From: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2000 18:13:13 -0800
Bruce McGuire wrote:

> This seems to be a bit of American WWII history that has not been well
> taught.
> My Grandfather had German and Italian POW's working on his cotton farm in
> Arizona during the war.

That's very interesting. My father told me many times of the German POWs
working at Wright Field during the war. Most of the captured German
aircraft were shipped to Wright Field and evaluated there. I grew up
about 3 miles from the Base and I remember hearing the mechanics running
up the engines at night when I was in bed. The sound of the big radials
was very cool. It must have had some affect on me.
Jan

--