Re: Crappy Sunbeam Parts Dealer

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <mhp@flash.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Crappy Sunbeam Parts Dealer
From: "Jan Sven-Erik Harde" <jhardy1@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 22:02:28 -0700
 All,

I think we have to take many things into consideration, remember the HUGE
delays with anything coming from the U.K. night now, due to the Mouth and
Hoof disease.
Customs are absolutely NUTS, they check recheck and recheck again, and all
items have to be certified that they are or have been disinfected.
I get packages of Monkey Bike parts weekly from the U.K., and they sit in
customs sometimes for weeks, and the red tape is beyond ridiculous.
Kurt has to be one of the most honest and helpful not to even mention his
never ending patience to help, so I am really surprised to hear such a
strong and abrasive statement out there.
I have never ever heard of anyone that has had a similar complaint regarding
our FRIEND Kurt.

Things will all work out, they always do, so CHILL & Have a GREAT weekend
all,

Jan...

> Chuck,
>     Having been personally involved for over twenty years attempting to
> supply obsolete parts for obsolete automobiles to hundreds of
RootesMobile
> owners including "new-owner" customers that have absolutely NO CLUE about
the
> amount of work we have had to do locating any existing stockpiles of
original
> 25-45 year old parts; researching and locating equivalent substitute
> parts---often from other obsoleted cars that happen to match (or USED to);
> discovering alternative parts sources, and either personally tooling-up to
> manufacture or locating a firm willing to manufacture a needed part, and
> personally "putting-up" the necessary CASH to make reproduction parts
> possible, I absolutely and totally support Kurt at Classic Sunbeam Auto
Parts