Re: Clutch Problems

To: rkegg@juno.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Problems
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:55:24 EDT
In a message dated 7/1/01 8:23:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rkegg@juno.com
writes:

> Also, does anyone know if the transmission can be removed from the
>  bottom, without pulling the engine?
>

>  Can the engine be pulled alone, without the transmission?

I've heard guys on this list say they have done it, but it has to be a bear
to do.  Perhaps if you cut access holes in the trans tunnel.

>  Can the engine be pulled alone, without the transmission?

Same problem as the previous question.  Getting at the bolts that secure the
tranny to the flywheel will be the problem.  I'd guess lining up the input
shaft would also be pretty tough inside the Tiger engine compartment.  I've
never done it separately.  Also, I'm a convert to the taking the tiger motor
out the bottom school.  See Mark Olson's site for a drawing of an engine
stand I made for rolling the engine and tranny combination out together out
from the bottom of the car.

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne, Fl

PS Always use jackstands.