Re: Delron bushing warning

To: BLMoss@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Delron bushing warning
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 01:18:38 EDT
Brian

The Ackerman angle may be the source of the problem
and changing it may solve it.  Then again it may not.
We need to find an automotive engineer who would be
willing to perform several tests on the pins and
bushings.  Anybody got a lot of pins and bushings
and A-arms he wants to donate? Of course the engineer
would have to assume the liability for any recommendations.
I don't know of such a person in today's lawsuit society.

But as my metallurgist said no matter what the pins are
made of, every pin will FAIL in this application if use delron.

My advice is that if you insist on using delron and please
remove the pins often and check for cracks.  There is no
warning until the pin suddenly fails.

Dave Johnson