Re: Delron bushing warning

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Delron bushing warning
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:17:39 -0400
At 11:27 PM 10/10/2001 EDT, you wrote:
>Fellow enthusiasts,  The following is written with my
>sincere belief it may save a life.  Comments welcome.
>
>DELRON BUSHING WARNING!....

Dave,
      Now you have me worried, if Anthrax in Florida and NY was not enough!
I have this 1976 Reynard Formula Ford (one of the first 6 or 7
that Reynard built) that has Delron bushings.  In fact it came
with a 2 foot rod of Delron to allow machining additional
bushings.  You are saying that if I ever get the FF back together
I may have problems.  (Unlikely that I will ever be able to afford
to do that any way).
        Did have the bolts break while backing my Tiger out of the
drive way ( while turning).  Apparently that old British Crap does not
last more than 30 years!  Maybe we should switch to a 1980 to 2002 car that
is good for 4 or 5 years before all the plastic degrades and falls
apart.
        Excellent story you told.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others