Re: exhaust

To: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@mediaone.net>,
Subject: Re: exhaust
From: Curtis Fisher <Curtis.Fisher@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:04:32 -0800
Jim, my series 3 (3 chambers) Flowmasters are a ticket waiting to
happen.  They sound very good at an idle but are too loud otherwise.
The series 2 are even worse.  Others have installed series 3 and removed
them. As Steve pointed out, they do tend to drone. If you like
attention, (law enforcement, gearheads, racers) these are the ticket for
you! ;)

At 02:10 PM 10/30/01 -0800, Jim Boynton wrote:

> I don't know what the former owner put on the Tiger(in my youth they
> were
> called "cherry bombs" or "glass packs") but when I bring the car out
> of
> storage I'll go broke on tickets. My mechanic looked the other way for
> the
> fall since I would only have it on the road for a couple of months.
> They
> sound great at idle but god awful loud any other time. I remember
> someone on
> the list installed flowmasters I believe. I want the cool sound the
> dual
> exhaust make...just a little less of it. Any suggestions.

<<<<