Re: Exhaust

To: <johnc@nait.ab.ca>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:30:19 -0500
Glasspacks and straight pipes were on my Tiger when I bought it. That
novelty wore off real quick, so it was off to the muffler shop.  The owner
was a hot rod guy, like in JC's experience, and set me up with a pair of
"427 Thunderbird Resonators", which he said the hotrod guys loved.  At idle
it sounded really cool, producing a sound that a friend said resembled one
of those old wooden inboard speedboats.  At speed, well, it was quieter than
the glasspacks, but what isn't?  The hot rod guys must not drive their cars
very far.

With the prospect of a 5 hour drive to Burlington VT for the '93 United
looming on the horizon, the resonators went into the trash, replaced with a
stock type ystem.

Stu