Re: Exhaust

To: owner-tigers@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust
From: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:46:12 -0700
When I was building my TIGER I was talking to a hot rod guy about what
exhaust to use and he handed me a brand new set of mufflers and said to try
them. He would guarantee that I would be pleased with the sound and
performance and that  I would not have to pay him if I did not like them. I
figured: "Why not?" and put them on. They are small, oval and fit. They are
perfect for sound: rumbly at idle, louder on acceleration and quite on the
highway - no drone. I get many complements about the perfect sound of my
car. What are they? Not sure! He said they were "second mufflers"
(resonators?) from an '80s Chev station wagon and he used them on all his
hot rods. Cost me $25 each. Sound  though, is like colour - each person
beholds it differently.
Godspeed
Jc