Re: Dipstick and tube

To: Victor Hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Dipstick and tube
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:27:36 -0800
Victor Hughes wrote:

> See Steve if you had a Sunbeam with a proper English motor (Alpine), then
> the whole of the engine bay is rust protected by the Oil Mist system
>
> Cheers
>
> Vic

Vic,

I did have an SV Alpine for many years, my son now owns it and it looks
better than new. HOWEVER, the "oil mist system" was constantly fighting
the blown head gaskets, and blown dual hole exhaust flange gaskets.

Finally, Jay had the engine rebuilt by someone who knew what he was
doing, and it hasn't blown a gasket since, even though outfitted with
dual side-draft Webers, headers, OD tranny, and Holbay head and cam.
(8-) Pretty snappy.

My Tiger, may not be a "properly English oil system", but it sure knows
how to generate excitement!  (8-)

Steve
--
Steve Laifman