Re: Dipstick and tube

To: SLaifman@socal.rr.com
Subject: Re: Dipstick and tube
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 23:14:14 EST
But doesn't the MK II with its 5 bolt 289 have
a cast iron aluminum water pump and housing.
At least Ken Bishop's is that way and he has
owned it from almost new.  I believe I read in
Bill Carrol's book about the change in water
pumps.

It really doesn't matter as long as the dip
stick reads OK.  My Tiger doesn't burn that
much oil and it's never down a quart when
I change it.  I put in about 5 1/2 quarts when
I change it since I have the LAT oil pan and
when I change it again I get 5 back out.
About 1/2 quart for 2000 miles.  Acceptable.

Dave