Re: Tiger body repair

To: RussE@firstva.com
Subject: Re: Tiger body repair
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 15:28:29 EST
This begs the following question.  Did Rootes
and/or Chrysler actually import Tiger specific
sheet metal?  I know for a fact that in the
Chicago area, if you needed a fender, you got
an Alpine fender from the dealer and the body
shop simply drilled holes for the chrome strip.
I have a set of NOS outer rockers that are Chrysler
stickered but are not Tiger or Alpine specific.
I think sheet metal (used or new) is generic
between Alpine and Tiger.

I am about to replace the fenders on my Mk IA
with rust free Alpine fenders.  Does not mean
I no longer have a 'Tiger'?  I think not.  Its
a gray area for which there is no answer.

Consider the Shelby GT350 owner who had
an accident which destroyed the left side of
his car including the Shelby ID tag.  He put
on a NOS fender and a repro tag.  Does that
mean he no longer has a genuine GT 350?

Consider those Tiger owners who had their
bodies dipped only to have the solution]
dissolve the ID tags.  Does that mean its
no longer a Tiger?  If you remove the tags
and put them back, you run into the issue
of proper rivets.

I have no answer.  I just want to fix my
car and get on the road again.

Dave Johnson B382002668 (under repair) Aurora, IL