Re: Tiger body repair

To: "Theo Smit" <tsmit@shaw.ca>, "Russ Eshelman" <russe@firstva.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger body repair
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 01:41:35 -0800
I was never sure of the accuracy of rumors about dips eating you I.D. plates,
but took mine off my first car before acid dipping it just to be safe.  Many
years and not a heck of a lot of improvement later, the plates are still in my
safe deposit box.  But I got an interesting reaction when doing Nev. state
inspection for registering my newly acquired out of state Chebby Z24 (beloved
mascot of the TU Monterey autocross).  I asked the inspector what their
criteria were regarding non-factory rivets and if they even looked for such
things.  His response was to ask where the car was presently stored!  He asked
twice more before I escaped (think I mentioned something about Pahrump).
Don't ever think the states don't take such things seriously or that they
wouldn't like to impound (read crush?) your car just for something to do.

                       Chris Hill