Re: Leaking Bucket (Oil Pan)

To: Arnie Sugar <asugar@hwageo.com>
Subject: Re: Leaking Bucket (Oil Pan)
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:20:07 -0700
I've got the old style headers with the slipjoint collectors and all four
left-side pipes running behind the engine mount. On the right side there's
about an inch of clearance between the pan and the header, but on the left
side it's close - you can slide a piece of cardboard between the pan and the
pipes, but that's about it.

I don't have the part number for the Canton Tiger pan handy, but if you (or
your local speed-shop parts guy) talks to Canton direct, I'm sure they will
be able to help you. It's built off a standard 7-quart road-race pan with
the front corners cut off to clear the cross-member. If you get the Mustang
pan, it won't fit because the corners on that one are cut at a different
angle.

Theo

Arnie Sugar wrote:

> Theo (et al),
>
> Funny, I was just about to post the same question, as I am looking for a
> pan.  I was looking at Cantons, but a friend had some fitment issues
> with a canton pan and headers - what kind of manifold or headers are you
> running?  And which pan do you have? They make a 7 and 9 qt front sump

<snip>