Re: rack & pinion for Ackerman mods

To: <garywinblad@attbi.com>, "Arnie Sugar" <asugar@hwageo.com>
Subject: Re: rack & pinion for Ackerman mods
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:44:49 -0800
The ackerman anglle is the angle from the center of the rear axle through
the lower ball joint of the front suspension. If the steering arm tie rod
end lies on theat line then you will have correct ackerman steering. The MG
arms do correct this but only by a very tiny amount. The other part  of the
equation is where the rack is located. In the Tiger it is about hell, I
can't remember, but several inches in front of where it should be. And the
steering arms are completley out of whack. If you really want to see the
effects, please go to my web site to see the perfect steering for the tiger
analyses.

http://www.teknett.com/pwp/drmayf/

click on enter, find the analyses URL at the bottom of the page and then
find the perfect steering...

mayf. the red necked ignorant desert rat in PAHrump...