rack & pinion for ackerman mods

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: rack & pinion for ackerman mods
From: "Arnie Sugar" <asugar@hwageo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:49:12 -0800
I'm looking at a couple of MG midget rack& pinions on ebay, for the
ackerman mod.  I'm a little nervous about buying one sight unseen - any
thoughts on whether its better to get one at a junkyard where I can
check it out, vs. by mail?  The local brit junkyard is pretty proud of
their used parts, I think you get a jar of Grey Poupon with each part.
What are the things to look for?  I'm assuming it will need a rebuild,
any advice on doing this myself, or should I just get a rebuilt unit,
and if so, from where? So many questions...

Arnie Sugar