Re: alger

To: SBtigerVince@aol.com
Subject: Re: alger
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:53:18 -0700
Sounds like you're where I was at about ten years ago. I bought an Alpine shell
and a Mustang II, along with a toploader and some other pieces, with the intent
of putting it all together as a fun-to-drive machine. Then about five years ago
decided that was going to take such an incredibly long time and still cost a
LOT,
and instead bought the best Tiger I could afford. The thing is that unless you
have a very nice Alpine to serve as your donor chassis, you'll spend just as
much
building an Alger as it would take to restore a Tiger.

Anyway - to answer your questions, get the Sunbeam Alpine/Tiger Gold portfolio.
It's a collection of magazine article reprints and it's available (I think) from
Sunbeam Specialties in Los Gatos, California. They also have some of the other
'standard reference' books related to the Tiger. Join one or more of the Sunbeam
organizations: CAT, the San Diego sunbeam club, STOA, Pacific Tiger Club and/or
TE/AE (no slights intended to any I missed). You'll get their newsletter,
complete with Tigers-for-sale listed in every issue. In the last few months
there
have been some very good ones listed.

Good luck,
Theo

SBtigerVince@aol.com wrote:

> hi list members... i am new and just wanted to introduce myself before i
> bombard you all with mindless questions.  my name is vince and i'm from
> southern california.  i am probably one of the younger members on this list
> at a whopping 23 years of age.  ok... enough about all that... here goes...

<snip>