Re: alger

To: SBtigerVince@aol.com
Subject: Re: alger
From: hughes <hughes@scides.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:59:28 +1100
Vince,

Making a half decent Alger probably isn't as easy as it might seem.  To
accommodate the V8 the Alpine firewall was changed (to set the engine back far
enough for decent weight distribution) as well as the entire steering system
(from recirculating ball to rack and pinion), the rear end (to Salisbury), the
cooling system and other stuff as well I suspect.

Anything is do-able of course, but you might end up spending almost as much
money
(and maybe more time) as you would for the real thing, and ending up with
something that may be of little interest to either a Tiger or Alpine enthusiast
when you come to sell it.  (From my observations on the Tiger and Alpine lists,
Tiger owners view Algers with great suspicion as sellers have been known to
misrepresent them.  Alpine owners often view them as a waste of a good Alpine)

On the other hand, if you were to buy a Tiger it will hold its value.  Another
option would be to buy an Alger that someone else has already spent the money
on,
they appear from time to time on Ebay.

Just MHO, I'm sure others on the list have theirs.

Vic