re:alger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: re:alger
From: SBtigerVince@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:13:40 EST
thanks for all the info guys.  my original plan had been to pick up a crapped
out tiger from some yard or some guys back yard and restore it with available
parts (alpine, repro, whatever).  the problem is that i havent been able to
find one cheap enough to make this worth my while.  i did find a guy who said
he would sell me one for 3500 in illinois (he may be on this list)  but it
would cost me another $1000 to get it here (southern california) and he hasnt
been able to produce pictures of the car.  this makes me weary to make the
trip.  if anyone knows of one alot closer i would love to talk to them about
it.  i knew the alger conversion would be a bit of a pain in the ass... but i
just thought i would ask how much of a pain it would be.  \

 i would love to hear more about the ford v-6 alpine transplant though.  i
know you can crank alot out of one of those motors... and if it is fairly
straight forward... this might be a much better option for FUN.  thanks
guys... i appreciate all the help so far

vince