Re: Sunbeam Specialties - The Answer

To: Colin Mills <colin.mills@bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Specialties - The Answer
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 17:22:37 -0700
Guys and Gals,

I just got off the phone with Rick McLeod, and will pass on his
comments. He has not seen the List postings.

He can get his mail both at his home and business. Unfortunately some of
the questions are quite extensive, and the answers are back at the shop.
 He is really not set up for web-site communications, or ordering - as
you may have noticed.  The lack of his ISP's reliability have made even
e-mail difficult.

This is a small operation and very labor intensive.  He even gets
complete orders via fax, and finds that the parts ordered are not all
correct for the car being fixed.

Rick would MUCH prefer a phone call (408) 371-1642 , rather than an
e-mail.  That way the order gets done correctly. (Yes, it would be a
pain for Colin to call from Switzerland :-) ), but this is the breaks of
the small business man with little to no help.

He cares, but is really a one-man band in a complex, labor and
information intensive business.  Be kind to Rick and to Curt, at Classic
Sunbeams 1-800-24-SUNBEAM . They are our Marques lifeline, and we have
to take the bitter with the sweet.

Thanks, guys, for being there when we need you

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor