Re: Mk II ebay Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <GSFuqua1@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Mk II ebay Tiger
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 22:11:19 -0700
Gary,
You wrote:
 >>>if you are in the market for a Mk II Tiger then you ought to know what to
look for.<<<
 And you are right, one should. However, there are those who are on this list
relatively new to Tigers who don't know (or know well). On the other hand it
could be said that if the seller really knew what he was selling (and as an
original owner he should) he would have listed the cars #'s as a way of
establishing it as authentic.
 >>>questioning the authenticity of ever (every) car that is put up for
sale.<<<
If every car was not questioned then which ones should be? If enough people
investigate this car from a number of angles it could be of service to the
seller because some of those people who carry some weight in establishing
authenticity (and I'm not including myself) could build confidence in any
potential buyer if the car is the real deal.
   Neither Theo or myself claimed the car to be a fake.Theo said:
>>>If I were interested, I'd try to establish the car's bona fides as much as
possible through the usual sources, and see how much of the car's history can
be verified.<<<
  I went to Norm's site and saw what was available. I reported that the lack
of numbers drew "some suspicion" and also stated "Certainly I'm in no position
to say if it is real or not"
I can understand you position to a point, but the value could also be driven
down if frauds ran rampant. As in most differences of opinion reality probably
lies somewhere in between and both of our post hopefully will give a potential
buyer a "balanced" perspective.
Respectfully, Tom Witt