Re: Mk II ebay Tiger

To: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>, Jim Boynton <jimboynton@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Mk II ebay Tiger
From: Paul R Sheahan <sunbeamtiger@Prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 07:03:34 -0700 (PDT)
He wants about $40k for the car.   PaulPaul R Sheahan

Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca> wrote:The only 'too good to be true' thing is that
it's all or nearly all original and
it's a single owner car, and that it's for sale. On the surface, the price
doesn't seem unreasonable if it's in good shape and complete with all the MkII
specific bits... $23000 and counting, and it hasn't hit the owner's reserve yet.
If I were interested, I'd try to establish the car's bona fides as much as
possible through the usual sources, and see how much of the car's history can be
verified. A single owner should make that easier.
I know the PO of my Tiger owned the car for about nine years (according to him)
and that takes the history back to 1989 at best - I also know it's been
autocrossed, and I've heard it's spent time in New Mexico, but there's a lot of
time between 1967 and 1989...

Good luck to the bidders.
Theo