Re: Shifter Ring

To: "Theodore V. Brown" <tbrown@midcoast.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shifter Ring
From: "Jim D'Amelio" <jimdamelio@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:28:46 -0400
A couple of things I failed to mention.  Notice in the scan that the black
shifter ring used different screws then the chrome one.  These are listed as
part number 9056050 and are black.  I know because I've still got a Rootes
package of them I purchased some 25 years ago from RJ Grimes.  Also, the
Tiger parts book used numbers starting with 6 to identify Ford parts.  So,
the black shifter ring identified as 1229984 was not a Ford part.  Someone
other than Ford supplied it to Rootes.

Jim