Re: Bumper on E-Bay Tiger

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Bumper on E-Bay Tiger
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:52:35 -0700
DrMayf wrote:

>Hmmm, curious as to why you would say that. I have used mine for jacking the
>car a zillion times with no trouble what so ever.  I used to throw the 4
>autocros tires into the car (2 behind seats, 2 in trunk) take the car to the
>autocross, change the tires, compete, replace them them be on my way. Never
>a problem Was/is there something to worry about?
>
>mayf, the red necked ignorant desert rat in PAH rump..

Dr:
The theory is that if your car is really rusted out, jacking the car up
the factory way could result in the jack, and the jacking tubes, going
up, and the rest of the car just sitting there on the ground.

I've also used the factory jack in many Alpines and my current Tiger
with no problems at all. It works perfectly.

Steve Sage