RE: Hot Alternator Output Wire Problem Solved

To: "'Sage'" <ssage@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Hot Alternator Output Wire Problem Solved
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:13:09 -0600
Hi Steve,
I'm glad to hear you're back on the road, but since the ammeter should not
have been part of the fan circuit to begin with, the fact that bypassing the
ammeter cures your symptoms should give you extra incentive to sit down and
figure out what the real problem is, which is most likely that you have (or
had) a short somewhere in the wiring that goes to the ammeter or to the
added accessories. Electrical problems never just "go away", and the cure
you've described is analogous to swapping out a taillight bulb and having
your headlights become functional as a result.

Best regards,
Theo