Re: PVC spacer plate

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: PVC spacer plate
From: "Ken Ritacco" <ritacco0758@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:01:35 -0400
Steve
I am running the F4B and I don't believe it was milled. The LAT hood is a
reproduction.
I did notice that I had two small rub marks on the underside of my
Fiberglass hood as well as the outside corners of my air cleaner, although
ever so slight. I don't have the spacer plate on the car right now and I
used some of my sons playdough to see how much clearance I had between the
outside corners of my air cleaner and the hood. Looks like about 3/8 on one
side and 5/16 on the other give or take a hair. So if I put the spacer back
and  adjust my air cleaner just right it should just make it , as long as I
don't torque the engine.
I did notice a tube coming off the base plate of the Holley 1850 on the
right side, why couldn't I just run the line from the PCV valve over to
that?
I also noticed the spot that would need to be drilled and tapped on the
front of the F4B intake, that would be the way to go. Looks like the rear
bolts on the intake would be a bear to get to though.
Anyway thanks for your help, I'm learning as I go here.
Ken