Re: wet (now mostly dry) carpet padding

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wet (now mostly dry) carpet padding
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 15:16:29 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to everyone for the input.. it saved me from pulling out all the
carpet and padding. I pulled the seats out and started with a few
towels and a wallpaper seam roller. It was a bit physically demanding,
but just laying a dry towel on top of the padding and rolling with as
much pressure as I could muster sqeezed out a lot of the moisture.
After that, I got real lucky today as it was a sunny, warm, relatively
dry and breezy in Houston today. I just parked it in the sun with a
couple fans blowing up into the footwells and by this eveing it's just
about good as new. I'll leave it open for another week or so before
putting the carpets and seats back in.

Stephen Waybright