Alternator conversion

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator conversion
From: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:13:08 -0300
Hi all;

I just got my Tiger back from the shop after the complete (second
mortgage on the house type of complete!) body, motor and driveline
restoration, and on the way home the generator stopped generating. I
wasn't surprised because it wasn't making all that much juice before I
put the car in the shop last fall.

I can't think of a single reason for not converting to an alternator,
other than the lack of a suitable mounting bracket. A check of the
extensive storehouse of info on the Tigers United website unfortunately
turned up nothing.

I see the C.A.T. parts warehouse is "out of stock" on their neat alloy
bracket. Is there another source for these brackets, or an equivalent
more recent (302?) bracket that will allow this conversion?

Anything else I need to know about this conversion?

Thanks for your help, as always!

Cheers,

Dave Munroe
In Nova Scotia