Re: No Start!!! Battery Draw??? Help??

To: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: No Start!!! Battery Draw??? Help??
From: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:45:24 -0400
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:23:15 -0600, Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> The high current connections suffer the most from a poor connection, so
> start by cleaning the battery terminals, as well as the connection between
> the chassis and the ground cable. Then bypass the ammeter by disconnecting
> the two ring lug terminals, cleaning them, and bolting them directly
> together using a 1/4" bolt and nut. Insulate that connection with electrical
> tape, then reconnect the battery (do NOT mess with the ammeter connections
> without first disconnecting the battery), and see if it starts, runs, and
> charges okay. Make sure that your engine ground strap is good on both ends
> as well.
>
> Good luck,
> Theo

I agree with Theo, but would add one other thing to check:  The
battery cable to battery connector connection.  I had a case where my
Tiger would not start and after MUCH troubleshooting, I isolated the
problem to the negative cable/connector connection.  The negative
cable had corroded inside the connector and would pass voltage, but as
soon as the ignition key was turned, no amps would pass.

Good luck and Keep on Tigeirng!
Jim Sencindiver